Environmental Compliance Specialist
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At AECOM, were delivering a better world.We believe
infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its
improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to
clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and
communities thrive.Our clients trust us to bring together the best
people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our
work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new
energy. Were one global team 47,000 strong driven by a common
purpose to deliver a better world.AECOM is seeking Mid-level
Environmental Compliance Specialist for our Minneapolis, MN office.
The selected candidate will join AECOMs EHS practice within the
Environment Business Line. The primary emphasis of the group is to
support clients with their environmental regulatory compliance
needs for a variety of federal, municipal, and private-sector
clients.Responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepare for and participate in EHS compliance audits.
- Develop environmental compliance plans.
- Develop and deliver EHS training to industrial clients.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and coaching to new or less
- Maintain effective client relationships.
- Conduct projects within scope, budget, quality criteria and
- Provide regulatory interpretation of EHS laws and regulations
to our clients.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging USEPA, OSHA, and
state EHS regulatory requirements.
- Execute a wide variety of environmental compliance projects
with minimal supervision while meeting cost, schedule, safety, and
- Regular travel is required to client sites as necessary.About
AECOMs Environment Business Line:Join AECOM to be part of an expert
global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide,
internal technical practice network through which you can learn
from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an
industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you
to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to
excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.AECOM is known for
our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and
innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for
some of the worlds most challenging issues. Our global clients and
their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market
sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions
to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse
community profiles.AECOMs Sustainable Legacies program describes
our approach to the environment, social equity and governance
(ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help
clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help
clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance
and reduce risks.Minimum Qualifications:
- BA / BS degree in Environmental Science, Management,
Engineering, Geology or relevant environmental discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical experience directly related to
environmental multi-media environmental regulatory compliance
(e.g., CWA, RCRA, CAA, etc.) and its application (i.e., developing
SPCC/SWPPP plans, preparing NPDES stormwater and wastewater
permits, conducting multi-media compliance audits and providing
corrective actions, developing environmental compliance SOPs and
- Ability to travel up to 1 week/month or more.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license is required for this role.Preferred
- 6 to 10 years of experience working directly for an
- Consulting project management experience.
- Experience conducting multi-media compliance audits for various
- Professional certification - CPEA, PE, CSP, CIH, or other
- Participation in developing effective business proposals for
providing competitive, high value EHS services.
- Experience in managing EHS programs, compliance audits or
compliance program evaluations.
- Deep fundamental knowledge of EHS regulations and consensus
- Clean Air Act (CAA) emission inventories, permitting
requirements, RMP, PSD, MACT, NSPS, ODS, GHG, and compliance
- Clean Water Act (CWA) NPDES and Indirect Discharge permitting
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) CWS, NTNCWS permitting and
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) waste
classification, management, and reporting;
- Oil Pollution Act (OPA), - SPCC Plans and FRP;
- Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA)
inventory evaluation, Tier II and Form R reporting;
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA);
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide & Rodenticide Act (FIFRA);
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA);
- OSHA Compliance 29 CFR 1910.
- Ability to act independently on technical matters pertaining to
environmental regulatory compliance with little to no
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
extremely proficient in technical writing; highly effective
organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, think strategically and
successfully lead multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment
and problem-solving capabilities.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.Here, you will have
freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.We will give you the
flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether youre working
from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will
be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity,
entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.With
infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are
in great demand, and theres never been a better time to be at
AECOM! Join us, and youll get all the benefits of being a part of a
global, publicly traded firm access to industry-leading technology
and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work
flexibility.We will encourage you to grow and develop your career
with us through our technical and professional development programs
and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all
levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a
lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and
committees you join and our business.AECOM provides a wide array of
compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our
employees and their families. We also provide a robust global
well-being program. Were the worlds trusted global infrastructure
firm, and were in this together your growth and success are ours
too.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons
potential, and well help you reach yours.Join us and lets get
started.ReqID: J10068990Business Line: EnvironmentBusiness Group:
DCSStrategic Business Unit: West
Keywords: AECOM, Minneapolis , Environmental Compliance Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!