General Accountant (Cash Applications, Accounts Payable & Receivables
Company: (SWM) Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Background:Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE:
SWM) ("SWM" or "the Company") is a publicly traded, multinational,
diversified engineered materials company which conducts business in
over 90 countries and operates more than 40 production locations
worldwide. Operating locations include the United States, United
Kingdom, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Brazil, China, India, Belgium
and Poland. SWM operates in two business segments, Advanced
Materials & Structures and Engineered Papers. At SWM, we are
focused on helping our customers succeed - it's our mission and our
passion. We are proud to serve customers who make a world of
difference in the markets they operate in, and the products they
improve. Every day our papers, films, nets & nonwovens are used in
a diverse range of applications and industries around the world. We
are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts. Our
employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the
success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the
innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the
services that have made SWM a global leader for decades.We have an
exciting opportunity available for a General Accountant (Cash
Applications, Accounts Payables & Receivables) located at our
high-profile Minneapolis, MN Location. This is a hybrid role.
Summary of Responsibilities:The General Accountant (Cash
Applications, Accounts Payable & Receivables) is responsible for
assisting the Accounting Department in creating accurate and timely
financial records for the organization.Primary
- Perform AR, AP or general accounting duties depending on role
in the organization.
- Perform daily transactional entries: cash, invoicing, or
accounts payable; by generating accurate, complete, and timely
entries using ERP software.
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and
other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and
conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into to proper
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making
use of current technologies.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit
- Updates receivables by reviewing unpaid invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and
investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer
service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting
- Complete special projects and other duties as
- Associate's degreefrom an accredited university in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience required
- 5+ years of work experience in Cash Applications
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with computer systems and programs; MS Office
- Experience with ERP systems preferred
- Experience with LN System is helpful, but not required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skillsNote: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Keywords: (SWM) Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., Minneapolis , General Accountant (Cash Applications, Accounts Payable & Receivables, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!