Humanitarian Response Program Officer- Ukraine Response (US- Remote)
Company: Church World Service
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Title: Humanitarian Response Program Officer (Temporary
Assignment until End of Dec, 2022 with Possibility to Extend)
Reports To: Regional Director Europe and Middle East
Department: Middle East & Europe
Job Location: New York, NY, Washington, DC preferred; Remote within
Pay Grade: 8
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt; Non-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit,
faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe
through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty,
displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity,
genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in
employment or in the provision of services.
In response to the humanitarian crisis resulting from Russia's
invasion of Ukraine, CWS is establishing humanitarian and emergency
response programming in Moldova. Reporting to the Regional
Director, Europe & Middle East (with additional support/oversight
from the Humanitarian Response Team Leader), this position supports
the regional and in-country teams with programmatic support
including program analysis, backstopping, grants management, and
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of the humanitarian
situation resulting from Russia's invasion of Ukraine and human
displacement, to include political, social, and operational
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of program funding
and grants, including CWS member denominations and institutional
(government and private) donors.
- Provide regular reporting on CWS programming to internal and
external stakeholders, under the supervision and direction of
- Provide regular reporting on political, social, and operational
dynamics in the region to CWS leadership and teams.
- Work with HQ and field-based program and business development
staff to develop program strategies, budgets, proposals, and
- Support program teams with administrative support and
coordinate closely with CWS shared services (finance, IT,
operations, HR, administration) as needed, at the direction of
program leadership, to ensure smooth operating of the program.
- Liaise with CWS Technical Unit to ensure synergy between the
unit and the humanitarian response program.
- Perform other duties and tasks, as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with forcedly displaced
people, ideally in a humanitarian/emergency response setting,
including experience with grant management throughout the grant
- Technical experience with protection, child protection, mental
health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) and/or WASH preferred.
- Experience working with local NGOs in planning/programming
- English language skills required. Russian, Romanian, or
Ukrainian language strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness
to support CWS' Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast changing emergency context
- Ability to travel to the region if requested
CWS' U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to
provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no
longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant,
who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical
condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects
vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may
contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable
accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: Church World Service, Minneapolis , Humanitarian Response Program Officer- Ukraine Response (US- Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!