Staff Accountant - Remote/IL - Shield IL
Company: SHIELD Illinois
Posted on: May 16, 2022
--For quickest response, please send resumes to
SHIELD IL is seeking a Staff Accountant who will reconcile funds,
prepare and analyze financial reports, document as necessary, and
perform other accounting duties. The incumbent must have strong
analytical and communication skills, be able to multitask, and meet
- Prepare and complete the monthly reconciliation(s) for all
SHIELD Illinois funds, ensuring all transactions are legitimate and
have the proper supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for upper management, which
includes analyzing those reports for reasonableness, identifying
variances between reporting periods, and communicating those
findings to management.
- Assist management with ad hoc reporting related to SHIELD
- Perform other accounting duties, such as journal voucher
processing, maintaining files that are used to support SHIELD
Illinois' financial information (e.g., keeping track of receivables
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related
field and two years of professional accounting experience, or
- Possession of a current registration as a Certified Public
Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or a valid license to
practice public accounting, or
- Master's degree in Accountancy or a related fieldPreferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and/or
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)Knowledge and
- Analytical skills to perform complex financial analysis of
business transactions within a higher education setting and the
ability to enforce various applicable policies and regulations
while still providing superior customer service.
- Attention to detail which can be utilized when analyzing
- Ability to propose policies/procedures that improve and/or
maintain the effectiveness of daily financial operations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to effectively
present information and respond to requests for guidance and/or
- Ability to address and resolve challenging accounting issues
and strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective
- Ability to multi-task and produce accurate, detail-oriented
work to meet stringent deadlines; creativity in problem-solving and
exercising independent judgment and discretion.Preferred:
- Understanding of fund accounting principles and a working
knowledge of how to apply them in a public University setting
within the State of Illinois to ensure compliance with the various
State of Illinois policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Proficient computer skills and advanced knowledge of applicable
computer systems. This would include advanced skills in Microsoft
Office products such as Excel, Outlook, Access, and Word as well as
a detailed working knowledge of how to operate within the Banner
- Champaign/Chicago IL area preferred, but will accept fully
Keywords: SHIELD Illinois, Minneapolis , Staff Accountant - Remote/IL - Shield IL, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!