Company: Mid-Continent Engineering
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN) 0Employer: Mid-Continent
Job Type: Full Time
State: Minnesota (MN)
Zip Code: 55402
We are hiring! Mid-Continent Engineering is seeking a Senior
Accountant to join the team!Shift: 6:00am - 4:30pm; Monday -
Thursday (Fridays are off!)Benefits:
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including
- 401k with match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral ProgramThe Sr. Accountant position plays a valuable
role in the finance function of our organization. It requires a
variety of accounting duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery
of monthly financial statements, including booking journal entries,
complex reconciliations and in-depth financial analysis.Duties and
- Prepare monthly journal entries and analysis required to
prepare entries; manage all aspects of the general ledger,
including recurring reports, schedules, balance sheet
reconciliations and reviews.
- Responsible for cash management functions; reviewing daily
deposit activity, weekly check runs and A/R collections; Monitor
- Prepare monthly financial statement(s) and support schedules
required to publish monthly operating results; report findings and
recommendations to upper management.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist with the preparation and management of the annual
budget; Administer quarterly budget revisions.
- Responsible for job and inventory costing analysis
- Fixed asset and inventory systems support
- Interpret financial results and provide feedback with possible
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by participating in
audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepare and provide information for Sr. Management as requested
to assist with specific company decision-making processes.Accounts
- Assist with Accounts Payable functions, as necessary.
- Assist with reconciling bank accounts
- Process GL entries relating to payables and cash-related
- Create and maintain company bank information/ spread
- Process Minnesota Sales and Use tax
- Process, distribute and file W9's and 1099'sAccounts
- Assist with Accounts Receivable functions, as necessary.
- Work with management and sales - calls, emails and/or mail
correspondence to/from customers, as necessary, to keep accounts
- Assists in researches of claims of invoice payments, charge
backs, returns, etc.
- Assists in answering accounts receivable phone inquiries and
follows up.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Manufacturing experience a plus.Job Knowledge, Skills, and
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting functions - payables, cash
application, invoicing; working with general ledger and
- Excellent communication skills; ability to manage calls
relating to payables and receivables tactfully and
- Strong computer skills; very proficient with spreadsheets and
word documents. Access proficiency a plus.
- Experience with Epicor ERP/MRP software a plus.
- Customer-service oriented; good interpersonal skills
- Detail-orientedAbout Us:Mid-Continent has been a supplier to
first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense
industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed
forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as
precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and
paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other
design-assist services.WHAT WE DO: we stuff the armed forces supply
chain with products of our capabilities such as precision
machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder
coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design assist
services.MCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Mid-Continent Engineering, Minneapolis , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!