Program Controller (Contract - CO/MN)
Company: Compri Consulting
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Title: Program Controller
Location: CO or MN
Duration: thru 3/7/22
The Program Controller is responsible for leading a team of Project
Coordinators to conduct the operational aspects of the IT
Application Delivery portfolio of projects. This role supports
portfolios consisting of multiple, cross-functional projects
varying in complexity, scope, and duration. Supports Project
Coordinators, Project Managers, Program Managers, and Portfolio
Directors on the financial, lifecycle, planning and reporting
practices of the IT PMO. Assists in managing the corporate sub
portfolio regarding actuals and forecasts, capital asset accounting
and project management office (PMO) processes and procedures.
- Assists with management of portfolio financials including
planning, budgeting, forecasting, variance tracking, calculating
earned value metrics.
- Establish and conduct operational reporting for the PMO
- Support Portfolio staff on understanding financial practices,
procedures and status.
- Ensure PMO financial transactions follow Xcel Energy policy and
are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise between PMO, Capital Asset Accounting (CAA) and Finance
to ensure timely and accurate in-servicing, and PMO Spend.
- Compile information for and assist in reviewing the 5-year
capital funding plan.
- Provide procedural instruction to Project Managers on financial
- Establish and provide subject matter expertise on transactional
systems, including timecard, PPM, GL chart of accounts, contract
and invoicing systems.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of the team deliverables
including month-end processing, invoicing, in-servicing, portfolio
reporting, KPI reporting, risk reserve management, portfolio
planning, and continual process improvements.
- Support PMO Delivery teams with resource onboarding and access
provisioning, project repository set-up, project set-up,
administration, and closure.
- Responsible for support services to project and program
managers, including in-servicing, financial management, portfolio
reporting, KPI tracking and reporting, and new resource
- Support adherence of ULC tools and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, IT or related field or
- 5-10 years of experience in or with an Accounting or Finance
- Expertise with Project and Portfolio financial management.
- Experience in managing a team of Project Coordinators.
- Experience in managing project budget forecasts and actuals
with accrual-based accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tool
expertise, drive consistency and quality in processes, and
- Excellent communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- SAP and accounting experience preferred.
- SharePoint administration and/or experience preferred.
- General utility, or regulated industry experience
Keywords: Compri Consulting, Minneapolis , Program Controller (Contract - CO/MN), Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!