Senior Project Accountant
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Cuningham, an award-winning architecture firm with 6 offices
nationally, is seeking a Senior Project Accountant who excels in a
fast-paced environment and wants to work as part of an accounting
team based in Minneapolis. The Senior Project Accountant will be
responsible for the financial process for several firm-wide
projects and effectively communicating with Project Managers (PM),
Principals-in-Charge (PIC) and Studio Business Leaders (SBLs),
regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract
modifications and approvals related to financial health; lead
invoicing, assist with collections, assist with recovery strategies
and provide monthly project review support. We are seeking a team
player who has experience working with accounting software
packages, preferably Deltek Vision and who has strong project-based
accounting experience.-- We are not considering candidates
submitted by recruiters or recruiting agencies for this role. What
you will do
- Communicate and strategize with project managers regarding
project contract changes, fee consumption, earned value analysis,
planning, and project invoicing.
- Assist with month-end financial review meetings with PMs and
SBLs and preparation of month-end statements and general ledger
- Prepare draft invoices for PM review.
- Submit finalized invoices with supporting documentation to
clients for payment.
- Review and enter consultant invoices into Deltek Vision.
- Release payments to consultants upon client payment.
- When required, research discrepancies within projects including
contract inaccuracies, consultant invoicing differences, and labor
- Monitor accounts receivable and work with the PM and PIC to
ensure timely client payment.
- Recommend and implement agreed upon invoicing cycle process
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and SBLs as
- Assist with annual audit preparations / request related to
- Develop new processes to better the project accounting
- Supervise a two to five person team of Project Accountants.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or commensurate
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills required and experience
with accounting software, Deltek Vision preferred.
- 15+ years of project-based accounting experience. Experience in
an A/E environment preferred.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump
sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the invoicing and
accrual-based recognition process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and
respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, take initiative,
set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report as
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant
business environment preferred. About Cuningham At Cuningham, we
strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies
of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an
energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic,
self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal:
great sustainable design. In describing our firm, we like to use
words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can
genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an
environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard
and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared
enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing,
volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and
collectively) allow Cuningham to be consistently ranked among the
top firms in the industry.
Keywords: Lever, Minneapolis , Senior Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!