Company: North Star Imaging
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the leading
domestic manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-rayand 3D X-ray
Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive
Testing industry. In 2010, NSI was acquired by Illinois Tool Works
and became part of ITW's Test and Measurement segment. ITW is a
leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of
history and over 800 individual business units. As demand continues
to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates
in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California,
Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and
equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable
products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the
opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
As the Controller you will lead and manage the financial function
of ITW North Star Imaging and serve as part of the management
- Lead finance and accounting processes and practices.
- Perform multiple-entity financial consolidation, budgeting and
- Set key financial performance indicators and effectively
communicate financial analysis and recommendations to management to
improve financial performance.
- Support management in the Long-Range Plan (LRP) and strategy
planning of the business unit.
- Maintain financial statements/records of the business unit;
responsible for the more complex financial analysis.
- Develop and enhance internal controls, policies and procedures
and implementing best practices.
- Develop key reports for operations management.
- Creatively approach and automate functions to improve
- Coordinate and manage the global internal and external audit
- Protect business assets and manage risk.
- Provide input and assist with statutory consolidations,
statutory accounting and tax audits.
- Supervise Accounting functions: accounts payable, inventory,
fixed assets, and invoicing/accounts receivable.
- Apply financial and market/industry knowledge and stay abreast
of current trends.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by GM or other management team
Required: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience
Required Knowledge And Skills
- Experience with Financial consolidation software and ERP
systems including MAPICS
- Knowledge of current finance and accounting practices
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to continuously improve accounting function
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background
checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
- A good driving record is necessary.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work
in the United States.
NSI is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, NSI is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: North Star Imaging, Minneapolis , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Rogers, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!