IT Manager- Minneapolis, MN
Company: Xcel Energy Inc
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next
level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the
leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking
dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy
future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to
excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of
room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy. We also invest in
our leaders. From specific programs for new and aspiring leaders to
just-in-time resources to support the seasoned manager, we provide
development for any stage of their career. Position Summary
The Mobility IT Manager is responsible for building mobile
experiences that provide internal/external customers with true
value. He or she--is responsible for leading a team in end-to-end
lifecycle management of an assigned IT Portfolio capability.
Accountable for planning, delivery and operation of services,
products and processes, as well as people leadership and vendor
management. They continuously innovate their product or service,
and contribute to achieving IT and Enterprise Strategies and
- Leadership: Lead and manage the performance and development of
staff. Lead priorities and manage work performance of staff,
vendors and contractors. Provide leadership as needed across
multiple sites, and in alignment with Union or other
- Relationship Management: Understand the customers' needs, and
partner to deliver innovative solutions. Partner with Supply Chain,
Finance, Enterprise Security, Audit/Compliance and other internal
groups to drive results.
- Product Management: Ensure products and services operate in a
lean, stable, and adaptable manner. Ensure product delivery and
operation are cost effective and within budget.
- Operations Management: Drive ongoing improvements in IT
operational performance. Proactively prevent, and support prompt
restoration of service disruptions.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related
field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying
organizational levels and skill sets.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills,
with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally
to drive innovation and business results.
- Five years of prior people leadership experience.
- Ten years of experience with end-to-end service lifecycle,
business process, project or product management.
- Experience with strategic planning, portfolio prioritization,
delivery execution, and operations.
- Experience working within a regulated industry Ability to
deliver value in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a customer focus, problem solve,
and drive continuous improvement to solutions, systems and
- Demonstrated ability to drive, adopt, and lead others through
change in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Exposure to Sourcing and Contract Management practices.
- Proven ability to attain and hold in-depth acumen in business
process, technical knowledge, and architectural topology. Stongly
- Experience in leading Native Android and IOS development teams
and providing technical guidance to the team as needed
- Experience in developing strategic plans that communicate the
vision and road map of mobile products. This position requires a
behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy
company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of
energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and
1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and
Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred
and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're
ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis -- CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis --
United States (US) -- Customer And Innovation --
56720:IT-Application Delivery -- Full-Time -- Non-Bargaining --
-- The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $94,500
to $134,166 per year Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy
Talent Acquisition at email@example.com . This contact
information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: Xcel Energy Inc, Minneapolis , IT Manager- Minneapolis, MN, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!