Senior Associate Fund Accountant
Company: SS&C Technologies
Posted on: April 11, 2021
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial
services and software for the financial services and healthcare
industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on
revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has
20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000
financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's
largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their
investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the
accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the
balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported
on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong
internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial
- Handle accounting for assigned complex funds, including review
of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system
reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated
and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a
daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent
support for the assigned complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation ("ME pack")
fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant
accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting
policies as appropriate.
- Review internal dashboards/control reports to ensure SSAE16
items are signed off appropriately.
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for
applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure
- Identify and implement work process improvements with regards
to efficiency and ensuring that strong internal controls are
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of deliverable
packages to internal stakeholders.
- Cross-train and coach junior team members
- Review yearend audit packs prepared by team
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors
(internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund
to improve knowledge of financial products and trading
- Work with team members in Operations, Risk and Credit
departments as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in financial services, mutual funds or
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with
proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines
despite frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving
- Proven teamwork skills; able to recognize where you can help
the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge, experience and skills in the use of PC-based
systems, including advanced skill in MS Excel.
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting
- CMA, CPA, CFA level 1 or local equivalent desired
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies,
Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not
accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies,
or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent
benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and
professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable
Keywords: SS&C Technologies, Minneapolis , Senior Associate Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hamel, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!