Vice President CRA & Fair Banking Officer
Company: Crelate, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Vice President / CRA and Fair Banking Officer is responsible
for the strategic leadership and management of Bank's CRA, Fair
Lending, Fair Banking and UDAAP risk programs. Successful
management includes engagement of team members to achieve strategic
goals and framework sufficient for the size and complexity of a
growing organization. This position will support the Senior
Compliance Officer- Compliance Management in the execution of the
compliance management program (CMS) in all aspects of consumer
harm, CRA, fair lending, fair banking laws and UDAAP regulations.
This position will analyze trends and emerging risk and recommend
corresponding mitigation solutions. Responsibilities: Key
- Strategic leadership of programs including the following:
- Regulatory change management
- Policy and procedure development and ongoing maintenance
- Assessment area goals - monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Recommend change to products, services, and delivery channel to
ensure the Bank has products to service all customer demographics
including Low-to-Moderate ("LMI") and Majority Minority ("MM")
applicants and/or customers.
- Coordinate and deliver program specific training
- Committee leadership and sub-committee task force
- Management and board reporting responsibilities
- Maintain strong industry networking
- Provide regulatory oversight and guidance for the Home Mortgage
Disclosure Act (HMDA) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) data
- Manage and develop partnerships with organizations that serve
various underserved groups, including but not limited to, LMI and
MM throughout all the bank's assessment areas.
- New and existing vendor risk assessment
- Analysis of program performance
- Monitor and testing of program elements
- Program software administration and development
- Periodic risk assessment
- Enterprise-wide performance context
- Data analysis including
- Regression analysis
- Statistical correlation
- Demographic and geographic analysis
- lending patterns, community development investments and
community development services.
- Branch strategy - acquisition, opening and closures
- Analysis of products and processes
- Change Management - product and pricing
- Complaint analysis
- Fairness analysis
- Lead FL, CRA, HMDA and UDAAP audits and regulatory
examinations, including advance preparation and follow up on
findings and development of written responses.
- Business-line Engagement
- Communication of risk and needed action plans
- Coordination of community outreach
- Creation and consulting on AA plan development and action
- Marketing coverage - fair lending and CRA
- Change Management - Coordinate with lending lines of business
to evaluate proposed business changes, including new or modified
products/services, new or modified policies, procedures, processes,
or systems Qualifications: General Requirements
- 8-10 years of experience with CRA and Fair Lending program
development/management in a mid-size or larger bank examined under
CRA large bank criteria or state or federal regulatory agency
- Experience with multiple assessment area and multi-state CRA
and Fair Lending program management
- Experience in large bank CRA examination management with
ability to independently supply documentation, evidence, and
substantiation of CRA and Fair Lending activities to auditors,
examiners, and bank employees.
- Proven and progressive experience in financial services
compliance, including direct accountability for CRA and Fair
Lending compliance functions
- Experience with a major metropolitan MSA within the CRA
Assessment area, preferred
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or ability to
obtain within 12 months of hire
- Ability to travel - approximately 10% Minimum Knowledge and
- Working knowledge and analysis experience with CRA and/or fair
lending software/RegTech solutions and regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage and mitigate regulatory risk within the
bank's risk appetite.
- Comprehensive understanding of Federal and state laws,
regulations, and requirements pertaining to CRA, fair lending,
UDAAP and consumer protection, including industry best
- Knowledge of bank products and services with an emphasis on
lending and underwriting requirements, specifically as it relates
to LMI and MM individuals and neighborhoods.
- Demonstrated ability to provide actionable intelligence to Sr.
Management, Board of Directors and business line management to meet
regulatory expectation while simultaneously meeting bank goals and
- Extensive experience and familiarity with non-profit community
development organizations and qualification factors for CRA.
- Ability to think intuitively and strategically so that the
department is enabled to anticipate, plan, and effectively execute
to mitigate risk.
- Ability to take decisive action and to motivate and develop
- Must be able to evaluate and solve problems from multiple
- Advanced understanding of Fair Lending, CRA, and UDAAP
regulatory guidance, expectations, and examination standards
- Must be proactive in identifying potential concerns and have a
sense of urgency in execution, remediation, follow-up, and final
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work
- Attentive to deadlines and details. Ability to manage multiple
complex projects simultaneously with effective delegation and time
- Must have proven proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
OTHER SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong collaboration/cooperation skills. Ability to negotiate
and collaborate with others, initiate action, adapt to change, make
complex decisions, and accept challenging assignments. Responds
appropriately to demanding situations and takes ownership of
- Facilitation skills in both training and meeting
- Proven project management skills and experience leading
cross-functional compliance initiatives.
Keywords: Crelate, Inc., Minneapolis , Vice President CRA & Fair Banking Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!