Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Job DetailsDescriptionWe are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family.We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a
Line Controller - 1st Shift for our Annandale Plant.E.A. Sween is
an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Veteran/DisabilitySummary:Take initiative to lead
the line by insuring that all employees on the team are working
together to accomplish goals. Responsible for production line
efficiencies, minimal waste and following standard work at all
times. Complete work orders according to standards. Monitor
machine, labels, film and sandwiches to produce a high quality
product at efficient levels of
manufacturing.Responsibilities:1.Safety and Health
- Wear necessary safety gear provided such as: ear plugs and cut
- Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween Quarterly Safety
Training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA
regulations and E.A. Sween policy.2. Quality/Food Safety
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activities to support SQF requirements, regulatory
requirements and our customers' requirements.Assists in opening
rejects following written procedure, focusing on GMPs.Fills line
sanitizer hand dip stations prior to start up with fresh
sanitizer.Empties and refills sanitizer at every break and/or when
sanitizer becomes cloudy.
- Follow good manufacturing rules such as; sanitize hands, do not
touch the floor, etc.3. Cost (Continuous Improvement)
- Contribute to Lean activities.Works together with production
employees, as well as, Supervisor, Lead and Mechanic to assemble
the lowest cost, highest quality product possible.4. Standard
- Safely operate all line equipment according to recipe line
speeds and standard work to insure line efficiencies are met and
waste is minimized
- Assists in preparing the production line for startup with
regard to materials and equipment.
- Inspect all sandwiches to insure they are properly prepared for
final packaging and labeling.
- Quickly identify and properly address any deviations resulting
from employees not following standard work on the line.
- Adjust speed of equipment when necessary to maintain quality
product and efficient production.
- Be able to read and verify the work order.
- Scans or oversees all materials are added to the work
- Verify accuracy of material scans to work orders.
- Document start and end times of each period and record accurate
downtime or meeting minutes on the work order and in Redzone
- Properly turn off equipment before each break and at the end of
- Verify the material you are using is correct by looking at the
recipe and properly filling out the recipe verification sheet.
- Must meet 100% fill rate standards
- Must change top/bottom film, labels, printer, Julian date5.
- Support the Spirit, Purpose and Vision of E. A. Sween
CompanyCommunicate effectively with Leads and/or Supervisor
throughout the day for any changes or issues that may arise.
- Assist in providing a friendly positive work environment.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance, and have no
GMP/safety violations, or disciplinary actions (in the last 12
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment Require
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Require previous assembly work and knowledge of Good
- Must have mechanical aptitude working with machinery
- Must be meeting or exceeding standards in current production
position for a minimum of 3 months (for internal applicants)
- Must be able to read and effectively communicate inEnglish
- Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
- All hires will need to successfully pass a drug screen and
background checkPreferred Experience:
- Previous food related experience Physical Environment:
- Must be able to be on feet majority of the day
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push, pull
- Must be able to reach overhead moderately
- Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to keep up with manufacturing speeds
- Must be able to work in cool conditions, 35 - 45 degrees
- Must be able to properly perform and rotate to all positions on
the lineQualifications 0" style="display: none;"> Skills 0">
0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Education 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0"> 0">
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Minneapolis , Line Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Winsted, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!